The Bennington County Beekeepers Club- August Meeting
12:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Our August meeting will take place jointly with the Southern Adirondack Beekeepers Club, and will be hosted at Betterbee in Greenwich, NY.
We may have a beeyard tour, oxalic vaporizer demo and/or a swap meet. We'll let you know for sure about these activities ASAP. Please plan on the potluck and beeyard visit; bring a dish to share and safety gear.
Rain date: Saturday, August 25
Rain date of rain date: Sunday, August 26
Location: 8 Meader Road
Greenwich, NY 12834
· We still need a couple hours' more help at the Pownal Fair booth on July 28
· We still need a couple hours' more help at the Fun and Sun Fair on August 25
· If you are interested in either, contact Jeanne Davis: , 802-823-7955
Hot weather reminders:
· Make sure your hives have access to water: some put out poultry watering feeders, others use Boardman feeders of water at each hive entrance.
· Crack open the top lids to help air ventilation.
· Check for mite levels with an alcohol test for best accuracy and rinse the bees 3 times to get all the mites out for your count.
· Remove large areas of drone brood before they hatch to decrease the number of varroa emerging.
For more information, or if you would prefer to receive notices via e-mail, please contact Erin Kiley
at, or 413-662-5144.