The annual Short Course in Beekeeping of the Bennington County Beekeepers Club begins in one week! The course, which lasts five weeks, will cover the following topics:
- Thursday 1/28: Introduction to Beekeeping and the Honeybee’s World
- Thursday 2/4: The Bee Hive and its Accessories
- Thursday 2/11: Getting Started and Hive Management
- Thursday 2/25: Products of the Bee Hive
- Thursday 3/3: Honeybee Disorders, Parasites, and Nest Invaders
- (snow date of Thursday 3/10)
A detailed description of the course, which will be taught by club members, is attached. Classes will be held in the Crispe Room of the Vermont Veterans Home (325 North Street in Bennington), and begin at 7:00 pm each evening. The course is free and open to anyone interested in honeybees and beekeeping.
For more information or to express your interest in the course (if you haven't already done so!), please email Jeanne Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org.